These light, cakey cookies are the perfect little treat. Everyone expects chocolates but what about for the few people that don’t like chocolate or for those that are wanting something a little different and special? Something homemade is always super nice, because you put in the time and effort to make you loved one something special. They look very intricate but no one has to know they are super simple to make. They are great after dinner or in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea. Surprise your Valentine with these delicious little madeleines this year, they won’t see it coming 😉
- Madeleine Pan (petite or regular)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees and spray two madeleine pans with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter, set aside to cool
- Combine sugar and eggs and mix on medium-low speed using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer.
- Combine flour, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Then add the melted butter, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Add about a tablespoon of batter to each of the cavities on the madeleine pans. I used a 1 inch scoop to make each one even.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the tops of the madeleines do not jiggle. They should be soft though!
- Let the madeleines cool in the pans for a couple minutes and gently remove them from the pans to a wire rack to finish cooling. I found that putting them face down is the best way to cool them without getting the lines on the softer side of the madeleine.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
*Makes about 24 cookies
Photos by Bora Images