Feeling HOT, HOT, HOT…
It’s FRIDAYYYYYYY! I don’t know about you guys but holy sh*t it is HOT. The weather went from a nice warm summer to brutally hot and humid here in the North East. I know it seems like we are always complaining about the weather but it really has been a crazy hot few weeks. We aren’t used to the humidity here! I can deal with the heat but when the humidity is over 80% and it is 100 degrees out I just want to jump into an AC unit. Anybody else feel this way?? I can think of a few people…
So what to do to help cool you down during this crazy heat?? Just the most perfect Rosé cocktail. This drink is super easy to make and delicious. I promise it will be a hit at all your outdoor events, BBQs, picnics, or just a casual get together with your friends. Let me know how you guys like this recipe in the comment section and keep an eye out for more cocktail recipes coming soon!
*Recipe makes about one large pitcher.
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, plus extra berries for garnish
- 6oz fresh simple syrup
- 6oz citrus or regular vodka
- Juice about 6 limes to get roughly 4oz of juice
- Slice one lime thinly for garnish
- 1 bottle of rosé wine, chilled. This is one of my favorites.
- Mesh strainer
- Add the blackberries (wash them first!) and simple syrup into a large pitcher.
- Muddle the fruit until it is crushed and juices release. Do not completely smash all the fruit.
- Combine the lime juice and vodka. Stir well.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture over a bowl to strain out the smashed fruit. Some bits are are ok.
- Add the liquid back to the pitcher and pour in the Rosé.
- Add ice to the pitcher
- Pour into chilled glasses with ice. Garnish with blackberries and limes.
*Photos by Bora Images