Wow guys I can’t thank you enough for all the support and positive feedback I have received about the new site!! I was so nervous and excited about making the change. I am so happy I did and at the start of my favorite month too. December has always been my favorite month and for several reasons. There’s Christmas, because duh, Santa is coming and my birthday and NYE. I love celebrating all these holidays so much. It brings back so many fond memories from my childhood and I love making new ones every year. I still can’t believe I will be crossing over into a new age bracket this month but I think, slowly, it will be ok. Hell it’s a fresh start and I am all about that this month and coming new year.
Speaking of fresh starts did you notice the weekender has changed to weekend notes? It comes with the new site. 😉 I wanted to start off this month with all the new things. Weekend Notes will be similar to the past posts but with a little more fun. After all the whole point of the weekend is to relax and have some fun before we go back to work on Monday. On Sunday my friends and I are going to get our christmas tree! I am so excited! We rent a big truck and go to the farm and cut it down ourselves. It’s quite the adventure so definitely follow along on snapchat (ilona-shabovta). Hope you all have a great weekend and check out all the fun links below!!
- There are a ton of great new restaurants that just opened in NYC. Check them out and then go see the tree at Rockefeller Center.
- The Ultimate NYC holiday checklist is right here. You are welcome. Definitely go to Dyker Heights to see all the lights. That’s where I will be, sipping spiked hot chocolate.
- TimeOut NYC has a great list of things to do in NYC in December.
- I’m sure you are going to do some shopping this weekend so why don’t I make it a little easier for you? Great candles (15% off w/code: ilona15), Jewelry (first month free w/code: ilonaxoxo), Super soft blanket scarves and cool sunglasses (20% off w/code: ilona20), awesome shoes at 50% off, and flight deals.
- These comics will make you laugh so hard!
- If you are needing some tips on getting those eyebrows perfect, watch this video.
- A fun holiday quiz to take!
- This is a really great article about how to really help your significant other during a tough time.
That’s all for this weekend! Stay warm if you are in the Northeast!
P.S. If you are looking for a great brunch place in NJ check out Raymonds!