*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #AquafinaSparkling #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite things to do during the spring/summer months is having BBQs and picnics with friends and family. It’s always so much fun being outside, enjoying the sunshine, and of course eating all the delicious food.
Memorial Day Weekend has just passed (where has the time gone?!?) and we are now officially entering the season for outdoor fun. I love to have the classics like burgers and hot dogs, but I also like to have some healthier options too. Something like this Greek Pasta Salad is perfect for any picnic or BBQ. It’s super easy to make and takes about 15 minutes to put together. I love how it lasts for a few days too so you can have it for leftovers. This salad also pairs perfectly with sparkling Aquafina. There are so many flavors and they all taste great. Aquafina water has zero sugar, zero calories, and zero artificial preservatives. Since there isn’t any of the stuff we don’t want in the water it’s also a great addition to take on a long hike when you want to drink something with a little bit of flavor. Mango Pineapple is one of my favorite flavors but they are all really good. It also makes a great cocktail when mixed with your favorite libation.
Picnics are always so relaxed and fun! I love that the water comes in a convenient 8 pack and you can get it at Target! Everyone shops at Target at some point during the week because let’s be honest, they have everything we need and more. The price is on key too because again it’s coming from one of our favorite stores. While you are there don’t forget to pick up some sunscreen for all the outdoor fun. No one wants to look like a lobster after the picnic is over. #sunsafety
Also there will be tastings of the new Aquafina Sparkling water in certain Target locations across the USA so the next time you are in Target, keep an eye out for it!
- 1 Box whole grain rotini pasta
- 2 cups kalamata olives or 1 8oz jar
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 large cucumber, cut in half and sliced thin
- Half of 1 medium size red onion, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of garbanzo beans or chickpeas
- 2 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of freshly chopped dill
- 1 cup of reduced fat feta cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, chop all the necessary ingredients and place them all in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta once it's cooked and set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing by combining the lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Whisk well.
- In the large bowl mix the pasta in slowly.
- Add the dressing last and stir.
- Add in salt and pepper to your liking and serve.
- *This can be served right after it is made or can be put in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes prior to serving.
Photos by Bora Images
Click here to get 25% off your favorite flavor of Aquafina Sparkling Water