Smoky Spiced Tangerine Cocktail…
Happy March Friends! It’s the weekend and that means cocktail time! I’m super excited about this drink. Hubby and I were testing out a few new recipes to include mezcal and we finally got a good one! It’s got a great seasonal feel but its something you could definitely drink all year round. The next time you are having people over you should try out this cocktail to add that extra special touch. Your guests will all be impressed that you made a specialty drink in addition to the usual beer and wine. The nutmeg and maple syrup in this drink gives it that really nice comforting feel while the smokiness of the salt and mezcal gives it a lot of warmth. I wanted to add something citrusy so after a few experiments, tangerines were the best option. They are sweet and flavorful without feeling too summery, although at this point I think all of us here in the North East are ready for warmer days. 🙂
I really can’t wait to sit outside, enjoy a few cocktails and dine al fresco again. It has been a long winter and the little tease of spring we got a few days ago is really making me itch for some warmer days. Until then I’ll just sip on this cocktail and think warm thoughts. Have a great weekend everyone!
*Also if you are looking for some new rocks glasses these are the ones I have now. I love the different patterns on each glass.
- 2 Tangerines
- Tequila (I prefer silver for this drink)
- Smoky salt
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Juice the tangerines and add it to a cocktail shaker
- Use the cut tangerine to rim the glass and then dip the glass in salt
- Add ice and 1oz of mezcal for each drink that you will make (i.e. 2oz for 2 drinks, 3oz for 3 drinks etc)
- Add in 2oz of Tequila for the drink,1 tbsp maple syrup, and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg to the shaker
- Shake well and pour into the glass. Garnish with a slice of fruit. Enjoy!
- *This recipe is for one drink. Double it as needed to make more. You can always add in more mezcal or tequila based on your taste preference. Mezcal has a strong smoky taste so go easy with it at first. Enjoy!