Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you all had a really nice and relaxing weekend. I really needed to relax after the crazy with the new site. The work that goes into re-branding is insane. I really can’t thank you all enough for the incredible amount of support. So to keep the sweetness flowing, I decided I would share my famous chocolate chip cookie recipe. For those that know me, they know my cookies are famous. I am basically not allowed to go visit my friends in Westchester, NY without bringing these cookies and this isn’t a lie. I did it once in 5 years because my oven broke and I didn’t hear the end of it the entire time. This recipe is so simple but you have to follow the directions! Do so and you will have the most amazing chocolate chip cookies ever.
*Notes–>You will need a couple baking sheets, wire cooling rack, and a cookie scoop.
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup refined sugar
- 3/4 light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 12oz bags of semi-sweet chips
- Preheat oven to 365F
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl
- Using a stand mixer or hand-held, combine the butter and refined sugar.
- Add in the brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture to the wet mixture until it is all combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and combine.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, place cookie balls on to a non-stick baking sheet.
- Leave about one inch of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until very lightly golden.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in a tupperware container for several days.